Professional Series Acoustical Sealant
- Exceeds LEED® Building Requirements
- Low VOC
- Low Odor
- Cost Effective
- Essential for High STC Walls/Floors
- Convenient Large Size Tubes
- Acoustically Effective
- Remains Soft and Flexible When Dry
- Bonds to Wood, Concrete, Glass, Gypsum, Metal and Plastic
- Dispenses Easily
- Easy Cleanup With Soap and Water
- Stops Noise From Leaking Through Joints and Edges
- Will Not Crack
- When Used Properly AcoustiSeal™ Drastically Increases the Overall STC of Floor, Ceiling and Wall Assemblies
|MATERIAL: 28 oz. tube S.T.O.P. Noise Acoustical Sealant.
COVERAGE: 1/4″ bead = 85 linear feet per tube Or 3/8″ bead = 40 linear feet per tube
FEATURES: Essential for achieving high STC value for sound isolation
APPLICATIONS: Wall/floor junctions to seal cracks and voids per laboratory test data, heating and A/C ducts, cold air returns, exposed joints, electrical and utility outlet boxes.
FLAMMABILITY: ASTM E-84-76, Class A
When using AcoustiSeal™ the goal is to create a completely sealed room. Think of the room you are sealing as a water tank.
- Make sure the surfaces that are to be sealed are clean.
- Cut the nozzle to create an appropriately sized hole.
- The image below shows three possible AcoustiSeal™ applications. Image “A” shows sealant under one layer of drywall on both sides. Image “B” is the same as “A” with the addition of a bead under the plate resulting in a better seal. Image “C” shows a multiple drywall layer install with beads under each layer and a heavy bead under the plate. This would yield an excellent seal.
- Allow to dry typically 48 hours before painting.
- Drywall mud can be applied directly over AcoustiSeal™.
- Clean up with soap and water while still wet.
First Aid: Keep out of reach of children. Wear eye protection.
Skin Contact: Wash affected area thoroughly with soap and water.
Eye Contact: Flush thoroughly with water and obtain medical attention.
Inhalation: Remove to fresh air.
Seek medical attention if swallowed. Refer to MSDS for further information.